Butcher – Alton
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Butcher with great knife skills, for our client’s busy meat processing site. You would need to be block tested prior to being offered a position, working Monday to Friday.
As a Butcher at this site, you will work with multiple species.
You will carry out some manual handling tasks and will use a variety of equipment and machinery. You’ll also make sure the quality of products is to the required specification and standards.
- Prepare and cut meat as required
- Debone cuts of meat to very high standards
- Cleaning and preparing the work area in line with food hygiene requirements
- Adhere to Food Hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure cross-contamination does not occur
- Report any defects in equipment
- Ensure highest quality standards are achieved
- Ensure meat used is correct for the job
- Relevant certificates or evidence of completed apprenticeship as a qualified butcher
- The ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
- The ability to multi-task effectively, displaying a can-do attitude.
The ability to communicate confidently with a diverse range of internal staff. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of butchery within a small to large processing environments.
- Private medical/dental insurance
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.00 /hour
- Butchering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ref: “Butcher-Alton”. To discuss the role in more detail, please call 01335 346800 for an informal chat.