01335 346800

Brexit news: Applying for EU Settlement status

We wanted to share with you the latest on the EU Settlement scheme. Please check if you need to apply for EU Settlement Status. The EU Settlement Scheme is open and you can apply now if you meet the criteria.

You need to apply if:

  • You’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • You’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but your family is (or is an eligible person of Northern Ireland)

This means you need to apply even if you:

  • Were born in the UK but are not a British citizen
  • Have a UK permanent residence document
  • Are a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who does not need to apply – including if they’re from Northern Ireland
  • Are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen with a British citizen family member
  • If you have children, you need to apply for them separately

Who does not need to apply?

  • Indefinite leave to enter the UK
  • Indefinite leave to remain in the UK
  • Irish citizenship (including British and Irish ‘dual citizenship’)
  • You cannot apply if you have British citizenship

Employ Recruitment will contact all our drivers who meet the criteria and request evidence confirming your settled or pre-settled status.

For further information, you can visit the government website or download the EU Settlement scheme leaflet.


Want to keep up to date with our latest vacancies and news?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter