Employ since its beginning in 2005, has always taken quality over profit business approach. This has meant our rates of pay for our drivers and our investment in how we look after them, has been paramount to our success. A testament to this, is the fact we have some drivers who have been on our books for over 10 years, preferring to work for Employ rather than any other agency.
How we look after our candidates:
- Good rates of pay
- A candidate app for excellent communication offering shifts
- An understanding of the work preference schedule
- Support with CPC driver training for licence requirements
- Access to our Jaupt approved training suite at Employ’s premises
- A telematic system that helps to ensure they remain compliant and avoids infringements
- Fixed weekly bookings and permanent employment opportunities
- Access to a range of driver guides such as safety
- Well-being tips and reminders.
Just saying we offer a candidate app, does not do it justice. We took time to invest, develop and modify the candidate app some time ago, when it became apparent that people’s mobiles were more than just a phone. Now our mobiles go everywhere with us and it’s our main route of communication. Being able to send texts offering shifts is an unobtrusive means of communication that supports a relaxing healthy lifestyle and is what our drivers want. It’s quick for us to send notifications or texts and it’s easy for them to notify us if they wish to take up a shift being offered. We can send personalised messages such as when it’s their birthday for that personal touch and sense of belonging that sometimes can evade the lonely occupation of being an HGV driver.
We are proud of so many of our drivers that stay with us, as it informs that we are getting it right and doing a good job for our drivers as well as our clients, which is crucial for today’s competitive environment of driver shortages.